Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Vegetarian Quinoa Chili

Believe it or not, this was the very first chili recipe I've ever cooked. A meatless chili.....I know. My father is shaking his head, I'm sure of it. One thing he and I will both quickly admit though, this is hands down the best smelling pot of goodness we've ever inhaled. Literally, and figuratively!

From Two Peas and their Pod
Ingredients
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped (I would've liked having one more carrot)
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
2-3 tbsp chili powder, depending on your taste (I used two)
1 tbsp ground cumin
Salt and black pepper, to taste



Click the link in the above picture for full directions! Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...