Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Salad

Listen to my words carefully: You NEED to make this soon!

Today's recipe is so easy! I love crock pot recipes. Set it in the morning, and dinner is served when you get home. Often I get so busy at work that I forget it's cooking, so it's an added bonus when I remember before I leave work that I don't have to cook icon wink C. Wonder Weekend Sale    40 50% of everything!

I made several phenomenal changes to this Crock Pot Chicken & Black bean taco salad recipe that I highly suggest adopting. It is hands down the best chicken recipe I've ever eaten. So yummy, this definitely gets 2 thumbs up!!

From Skinny Taste

Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp reduced sodium taco seasoning 
(Instead of taco seasoning I used 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp oregano)
1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
1 cup salsa (Consider using a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies)


For the salad:
6 cups chopped romaine or red leaf (I used red leaf)
1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend (I still had shredded Fontina and Cheeder cheese left over from this recipe)
(y'all know I hate cilantro, I completely nixed that ingredient) 



Directions
Place the chicken in the slow cooker (I cubed the chicken so it cooked a little faster than the recommended 4 hours) and season with taco seasoning (or the substitutes I used) and cumin. Pour the beans over the chicken and top with salsa.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks. (You could cook it on high for 2 hours if you forgot to set the crock pot before leaving in the morning...which has definitely happened to me before!) Shred the chicken and combine with the beans and sauce. 
Keep warm until ready to eat.

To serve
I crushed up blue tortilla chips (leftover from this recipe) and regular tortilla chips and placed them at the bottom of a bowl. Then, I topped with a handful of lettuce, then a few scoops of chicken, then topped with cheese! The Fontina cheese instead of the Mexican blend was ahhhhmazing!



Prepare for heaven in your mouth. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...